What we collect:
The personal information we collect is in most cases supplied when customers register details, place an order or provide feedback to us. Generally, the information we collect includes customer name, address, delivery address, phone number and e-mail address. We will not collect sensitive information without your consent, unless it is necessary for such information to be collected for an activity or function, and will not collect any such information in a secret or dishonest way
Why we collect information:
We may collect information to deliver products or services to complete other transactions and better understand our customers’ requirements. This information enables us to personalize and improve our service. We will not utilize personal information without taking reasonable steps to ensure that the information is accurate, complete and up to date.
How we collect this information:
When a customer places an order and/or register their details with us, we store that information for future reference. This saves time when customers transact with us again, as we do not have to re-enter customer details. Sometimes we may add customers’ personal information with information from external sources. This is mainly done to verify the accuracy of the information we have and, again, to personalize and improve our service.
Disclosure of Personal Information:
Sister Chic may use and disclose your personal information for approved purposes and in a variety of ways associated with approved purposes. This includes the following:
• Sister Chic may disclose personal information to related or unrelated third parties if consent has been obtained from you.
• Sister Chic may disclose personal information between related body corporates. In circumstances where information is disclosed to related body corporates, they are bound by the original primary purpose for which the information was collected.
• Sister Chic may disclose personal information to unrelated third parties to enable outsourcing of functions for purposes including, but not limited to billing, customer relations management and order fulfillment. This will be done when such disclosure is within your reasonable expectations.
• Sister Chic may disclose personal information to law enforcement agencies, government agencies, Courts or external advisors where permitted or required by law.
• Sister Chic may disclose personal information to avoid an imminent threat to a person’s life or to public safety.
• If disclosure is not for a primary purpose, then it is for a related secondary purpose. If disclosure has not been obtained, then Sister Chic will not disclose your personal information, unless for the reasons documented above.
• Sister Chic does not generally sell or share its customer lists on a commercial basis with third parties, but in the event that we did, it would be done only if the appropriate consent of the individuals have been obtained. In this circumstance, Sister Chic will take steps to ensure that the use of its customer list by the third party does not exceed the scope of the content.
Access to Personal Information
Sister Chic shall take reasonable steps to limit access to personal information. Sister Chic will allow access to personal information records by the relevant individual, should such requested access be in accordance with the current Privacy legislation. Sister Chic will correct its personal information at the request of the individual concerned as soon as practicable, and in accordance with Privacy legislation. Should an individual wish to correct their personal information, they should do so by contacting Sister Chic directly. Sister Chic may charge a fee for process of an access request if such a request is complex or resource intensive.
Cookies and other technologies
We will take all reasonable steps to store your personal information securely. Only specific employees in our company have access to our customers’ information, and only under strict controls and procedures.
Are Your Personal Account Details Safe When Being Transmitted?
Sister Chic endeavors to protect your personal information during its transmission. Customer account information provided through this site is held in a secure server environment behind Sister Chic firewalls. All credit card details and personal information is transmitted using a 128 Bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), with encryption.
Are Your Personal Account Details Stored Safely?
Sister Chic shall take reasonable steps to ensure the security of personal information held by it from such risks as loss or unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure of data. Sister Chic only permits your details to be accessed by authorized personnel.
From time to time and in line with customer expectations and legislative changes, our privacy policies and procedures will be reviewed and, if appropriate, updated.